Dayanita Ramesh - A wannabe - feminist economist, comedian, and artist. Some of her work is visible here:
The Red Fetish - experimental folk music, with occasional metal and / or classical moments.
Attention Peter, Peter pumpkin drinkers: The Black Squirrel’s Seventh Annual Smashing Pumpkin Beer Fest commences Friday, October 2nd, starting at 5pm. Join the Squirrel for a night stuffed with all things pumpkin.
Pumpkin beers will be flowing on 18 of the 57 tap lines, featuring the following line-up:
· 21st Amendment/Elysian He Said Pumpkin Belgian Triple (8.2%, San Francisco, California)
· 21st Amendment/Elysian He Said Baltic Pumpkin Porter (8.2%, San Francisco, California)
· Ace Pumpkin Cider (5%, Sebastopol, California)
· Avery Gored! Pumpkin Ale (5.3%, Boulder, CO)
· Ballast Point Pumpkin Down Scottish Ale (5.8%, San Diego, CA)
· Blue Mountain Spooky Bourbon-Barrel Aged Pumpkin Ale (8.2%, Afton, VA)
· Cisco Pumple Drumkin (6.8%, Nantucket, Mass)
· DC Brau/Epic Fermentation Without Representation Pumpkin Porter (8%, Denver, Colorado)
· Elysian The Great Pumpkin (2014) (8.1%, Seattle, Washington)
· Nebraska Wick for Brains Pumpkin Ale (6.1%, Papillion, NE)
· Schlafly Pumpkin Ale (8%, St. Louis, Missouri)
· Shipyard Bourbon-Barrel-Aged Smashed Pumpkin Ale (2014) (11.2%, Portland, Maine)
· Southern Tier Pumking (2014 and 2015) (8.6%, Lakewood, New York)
· Southern Tier Warlock Imperial Pumpkin Stout (10%, Lakewood, New York)
· Timmerman’s Pumpkin Lambic (4%, Itterbeek, Belgium)
· Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale (8%, Easton, Pennsylvania)
· Wolaver's Organic Pumpkin Ale (5.35%, Middlebury, Vermont)
Treat yourself to the Chef’s all-pumpkin menu that includes: Roasted Pumpkin Soup, Pumpkin Chili, Pumpkin Veggie Burgers, Pumpkin Mac and Cheese, Roasted Pumpkin and Sage Pasta, Pumpkin Pie, and Pumpkin Ice Cream Floats.
The celebration continues until the pumpkin stock is depleted. New pumpkins beers will be tapped throughout the fall season, so check back often. This is so much better than a pumpkin latte.
Seventh Annual Smashing Pumpkin Beer Fest at The Black Squirrel
Friday, October 2nd, starting at 5:00 p.m.
The Black Squirrel
2427 18th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009